If you’re missing most or all of your natural teeth, you owe it to yourself to find out more about dental implants. While conventional dentures work great for teeth replacement, below are seven reasons why dental implants are better than dentures.
- Dental implants are a longer lasting solution than dentures, which will need to be replaced or refitted over time.
- Implants are more stable and comfortable than dentures, which can shift or slip in the mouth.
- Dental implants function like natural teeth, allowing for more natural chewing and speaking.
- Dental implants help preserve bone in your jaw, while dentures can accelerate bone loss.
- Implants require less maintenance than dentures, which need to be removed and cleaned daily.
- Dental implants can improve your appearance by filling gaps in your smile and preventing facial sagging caused by missing teeth.
- Implants can provide long-term cost savings, as they do not need to be replaced as frequently as dentures.