As summer draws to an end, you may be gearing up for back to school by shopping for notebooks, pens, and similar supplies. You might not be giving much thought to your children’s smiles – but now is a good time to take care of their dental needs, before calendars get really full. Start their school year off right with healthy smiles, with help from the Smiles by Dr. Chai team.
See us soon for:
- Wisdom Teeth Removal – If your child is complaining of dental discomfort, you’ll want to let us take a look at their wisdom teeth. These third molars usually come in when folks are in their late teens or early 20s. In some cases, they need to be removed. Summer is a good time to do so, so they won’t have to miss any classroom time for the procedure.
- Exams and Cleanings – Our schedule tends to fill right before school starts, with folks wanting cleanings and exams for their kids. To avoid the rush, go ahead and schedule now. If we find any small problems like cavities, we can take care of them before they head back to class.
- Orthodontic Treatment – Invisalign is a great alternative to braces, since it’s usually easier to adjust to wearing the clear aligners. Still, the aligners can take some getting used to at first. We recommend starting Invisalign treatment in the summer, so your child feels fully comfortable with them when school starts.
- Custom Mouthguards – If your child plays sports, they need a mouthguard to protect their teeth from injury. Let our team fit them for a custom mouthguard, which offers better protection than store bought mouthguards. Plus, they won’t have to struggle with a “boil and bite” process before wearing a custom-made mouthguard.
- Cosmetic Services – Consider cosmetic services like teeth whitening, tooth bonding, or dental veneers to improve the appearance of your child’s smile. This will give them the confidence to try new activities and meet new friends.
Call Smiles by Dr. Chai today at 281-720-3163 to make appointments for your family in The Woodlands, TX.