We welcome you to make an appointment at our open dentist office in The Woodlands, TX! We have added new protocols to protect patients and our team members against COVID-19 and other infections. Read about our new procedures below, and then feel free to call 281-367-5900 for an appointment.
All of us at Smiles by Dr. Chai hope you, your families, and your friends are safe and well. We are so very excited to announce that our dental office is open and ready to once again provide high-quality services for you, our valued patients.
We will have extended work hours and work additional days to accommodate you as best as we can. When you come in for your appointment, we will address any and all issues regarding your treatment. If you do have a scheduled appointment, we will be reaching out to you directly to get you rescheduled to a future date.
If you have an emergency that is causing you pain, please call Dr. Chai’s cell phone at 281-705-9993. If you need to speak with a staff member for a non-emergency call please call 281-367-5900 and leave a message with our answering staff and we will get the messages daily.
While things are certainly not “business as usual,” we wanted to let you know we are here for you in our clean, comfortable, and safe environment. Our standards are well “above and beyond” what the American Dental Association and Centers for Disease Control recommend. We love what we do and the people we do it for. We are always here for you.
Here are a few things we have done to ensure safety for everyone who comes into our office:
- All protocols, methods, and materials have been reviewed to ensure that we can provide state-of-the-art sterilization, disinfection systems, and office procedures. Every solution, piece of equipment, and instrument was examined to ensure safety for our patients. Safety is our #1 priority.
- We will continue to use our autoclave sterilizer, Dry heat Sterilizer, and UV Sterilizer to provide additional sterilization capacity.
- The reception area has been cleared of all shared items to maintain the highest level of cleanliness.
- We will be limiting our operations: Limited team members and patients at a time allow for social distancing.
- Our patients are scheduled in such a manner to meet and exceed the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and CDC Guidelines for Disinfection and Sterilization to disinfect every surface that is touched for your maximum protection.
- Patients will be screened via phone to keep those high-risk patients and/or those with flu-like symptoms safely at home.
- Measuring the temperature of all patients and team members before coming into office with a touch-free infrared thermometer.
- Upon entering Smiles by Dr. Chai, you will be asked to sanitize your hands. Additionally, we are requesting you sanitize your hands before re-entering the business areas.
- At the beginning of every appointment, you will be asked to pre-rinse with OraCare. OraCare Mouth Rinse has anti-fungal, antibacterial, and anti-viral properties.
- Every team member will wear protective gowns, face shields, gloves, eyewear, and hairnets while in treatment areas. If they leave the treatment area, they will remove them so there is no “tracking” of anything into or out of each treatment area.
- We’re using CaviCide™ throughout our office after each patient. It is the most powerful sanitizing agent available for eliminating germs, bacteria, and viruses. CaviCide™ has FDA approval and is the number one surface disinfectant in the dental industry. It is trusted by leading infection control experts and is strong enough to kill E. Coli, MRSA, Staph, Listeria, Human Coronavirus, TB, Hepatitis B Virus, Hepatitis C Virus, HIV, viruses (hydrophilic and lipophilic), bacteria (including MRSA and VRE), and fungi.
- Everything that can be bought as a disposable, we are buying. Pens, papers, and all “one-time use” items are being purchased and used.
This high level of service is just one of the many ways that we are supporting our community, and it is included in the excellent work that we do…we go through a comprehensive disinfection after every patient is cared for.
Dr. Chai and all team members here at Smiles by Dr. Chai will continue to go above and beyond for our patients…it is second nature.
Be well everyone and we very much look forward to seeing you, your family, and your friends very soon.
Smiles by Dr. Chai Team